Monday, March 8

Well here is my latest silly dilemma. Our Cable went out about 3 weeks ago. We never paid for it in the first place it was just on when we moved in. So when it went out 6 months later I was not surprised and my ethical dilemma (yeah I probably should have called the cable company and told them) was eased.

Well, Scott and I went out for an lunch Saturday. And the conversation came to what to do now. You see Speed vision is on and IRL racing season has just begun, so Scotty wants very much to watch the races. I have enjoyed not having TV to some degree. It's been much less distracting to not have much to watch. So my roomie says that he's all for it.

So here is my dilemma. 2 months ago I had a strong urge to buy an X-box. And pretty much made an impulse buy and got it. So now I'm at a crisis. I feel that I really don't need to spend the money on getting Direct TV (we decided that it's a better deal then Cable, especially since you can get the MLB extra innings. This would allow me to see 2-3 games a week of my beloved Cardinals!!!) w/TiVo. It will wind up costing me an extra 20-25 dollars a month. Which having just done my budget would be ok during the summer months, but with school in session it's pretty tight.

The only reason I would get Direct TV is to Watch Sports also I've heard of the greatness of Cable for years so that's 2 reasons. However, I'm just not sure the effects this will have on my spiritual Life. Any thoughts?

No comments: