Wednesday, August 18

Now comes the wait

I had the interview last night. 2 and a half hour drive one way to eat dinner and talk about myself and this church. It's a lot like dating. Only she better be a really good prospect if I'm driving that far!

At any rate it went great! Now it's just a matter of them getting back with me. From everything I know I think it will be a good fit. The next stage is where I do the meet and greet with the church. I'm sure it will involve meeting the students and the staff, a really long interview with the Elder Board, and some type of introduction to the entire church body.

However I have to make it to that stage first. I'm not a proven commodity, but I have a lot of potential sooooo the question is do we fit???


Cool Quotes of the Night -

*
Me - What does a regular Sunday Morning look like?

Pastor - We don't have those at our church.

*
Associate Pastor - We need someone we can Laugh with, this is a serious business (ministry) but you have to enjoy those you work with, so were looking for some one that will fit into our team

*
Me - What are your expectations for Office hours?

Pastor - Depends on your function, some of us spend most of our time in the office, others work more like real estate agents in and out with a lot of meetings. We realize that sometimes you’re going to be up here late at night and other days you'll need to be meeting outside the campus.

*
Me - So what I'm hearing you say is that the person that comes in has complete freedom to change whatever they need to get the job done?

Pastor - Absolutely.


(please forgive spelling, the checker is


3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Portland is a whole other planet... what a great opportunity ~ I'll be praying for you. I've actually never made it out there, but my friends from the NW (or who have since moved there)tell me if I ever visited I wouldn't come home. Of course, they're wrong. I adore Boston and yet I'm still making Little Rock home. God leads us in strange directions... thankfully.

Buck Webb said...

Kim! Hey there. It's true if you visit the Northwest, then at least a part of you will always want to come back.

Kimberly said...

I'll get out there eventually, but since it seems like the kind of trip which would be better as a road trip than a fly in/fly out, it may be a while...