Wednesday, May 12

Delaware in the Spring

Last week I had the privilege of attending a disciple now weekend at former youth minister's present church. It was a great weekend, where I had the privilege of hanging out with 8 of the coolest 7th and 8th graders you could ever meet. After the weekend was over I we took a trip to New York and Philly on separate days. It's amazing how close all those places are.

The last evening Emily (a new friend that lives in Delaware), Jason (a good friend from Ark and Seattle) and I went to Beautiful Citizen's Bank Park.



It was great to be able to see the new ballpark, but it was even better as it was my first game of the year. AND as if that were not enough they boys in Red were there to boot! SO I was pretty much giddy from the time we hit the parking lot. To add to my excitement I had the privilege of negotiating the price of our tickets with local merchants.

We got there in the middle of the first, which I was ok with because that meant we'd definitely get below face value. After passing on some REALLY good seats that were a bit out of my price range. I was thought to be a sucker by vender #2 (tried to pass off $22 roof top bleacher seats as between 1st and home), we wound up going with vender #3 getting front row seats in the second deck just inside the foul pole.

The stadium is a great place to watch a game and of course state of the art. Being in philly I of course had the obligatory Cheese Steak (my 3rd of the weekend) which I must say was delicious. The game was great going down to a 6-5 victory for the cardinals with Izzy striking out Pat Burell with the bases loaded to end the game.

The evening was a blast in large part due to the company, proving once again that the best things in life are those that your able to share with someone else! Speaking of which I have to grab a movie on the way home, as some friends are coming over. So I'll try and be a bit more frequent in my posting. I also have some things to process as my world slowly begins the transition process yet again!

No comments: