Saturday, July 3

Climbing 2 sides of a Mountain



This makes 2 Saturdays in a row that I've had the joy of climbing everyone's favorite volcano. Last Saturday Heather and I went up the Paradise side. Well that is to say we did about 4 miles of hiking on 2 trails. There was a ton of snow and some nice views. The hikes were moderate with some elevation but nothing horribly difficult.

Today, However I went with Brian, DJ and Steve. WoW!!! We did approximately 10 miles (maybe more) in about 5 hours. This may not be a lot for the experienced hiker (which I'm not), but for me it required a hot shower a 2 hour nap and an evening with my feet up. It was Brutal. I loved the hike up the mountain, but coming down my feet were killing me with about 3 miles left.

Normally, if I'm tired I'm going to take a breather and easily mosy down the mountain. However today DJ and Brian had to be at work by 5. So after coming up short of making Mystic Lake (we only had about a half mile to go too!) We decided that we had to turn back or make the fellas late. So after 3 hours of hiking up the mountain we needed to be back in 2. Fortunately we were headed down hill for most of the way. We made it, and I'm glad I got pushed like I did it was a great workout, but I'm definitely feeling it this evening.

Anyway, I'm a officially a big hiking fan and intend to make more visits in the future.

No comments: