Wednesday, September 8

The last 2 weeks

Wow, where to start?! Well first off I met the most amazing girl. I actually already knew her, but it was like I discovered her for the first time. Beth is amazing. For those of you keeping score at home (dad) we’ve “officially” been dating for about a week, but we’ve been hanging out for almost 3. I’ve known Beth for over 2 ½ years but she went back to Auburn (the university) to finish school. She moved back in May to help out at her church.

Long story short this came out of no where for both of us. She was a staffer for the camp that I helped put together for the association. We hung out a bit to do several of the tasks that needed to get done, neither of us had any interest even through the end of camp, we were both so busy that week that there wasn’t time for any of that. After camp several of the staffers stayed to see Seattle ect. So we all hung out for the next couple of days, it was during this time that we both started to think “hummm . . .” One thing led to another and we just started to talk. The next day same thing, hang out and go talk. A week, my birthday, a peanut butter pie, a rubik qube, and several conversations later we had the DTR.

(ok so this isn’t that short, deal with it).

Today, I can’t get enough of her, hours seem like nothing and there is no-one that I’d rather spend my time with then Beth. We are totally on the same page on everything that’s important. Not wanting to move back to the South, enjoying church planting, and just wanting to seek God in everything we do. So yeah it’s been a great 2 weeks.


Oh yeah my mom was in town over the last week too. It was cool to be able to let her see all that was going on here. Meet Beth and just see what I’ve been doing the last few years. Always good to see mom.

Oh yeah there are new developments in the job situation, but nothing’s official and I’ve got some meetings this week. I’ll update ya when I know more.

5 comments:

robyn said...

wow... how exciting... congrats... that's totally awesome about you and beth... see you at school...

Kimberly said...

love is definately in the air... two dear friends of mine who are both on staff at my church got engaged last week, after dating for less than 3 months (while this caught some of us by surprise, we found out that they had actually been praying with their families and some of the elders about it)... not trying to put any pressure on you, but its always nice to see relationships in bloom... congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hi! i'm one of beth's friends from auburn. she sent some of us a link to your site. can i just say that i'm THRILLED for you two!?!
very exciting.

i'm sure you must be a great guy, cause i know bether has high standards. and, while i know we're all human, just please take good care of bether for us. guard her heart and be a good boy...

please forgive my forward-ness
war eagle!
rachel

Buck Webb said...

Thanks for all the kind words ladies.

Rachel thanks for stoping by . . . Forwardness is a virture so no need to apologize. I will do my best to take care of Beth. As for the whole guarding your heart thing . .. well I'll make a post on that . . .hopefully soon.

Unknown said...

You make me smile!