Friday, November 7

The Matrix Revolutions (WARNING The major plot lines in the movie are reveled, well the 2 min. that weren't part of the preview anway.)




If your going to the theater and want to go see a good movie check out ELF, or that new Hugh Grant movie, or better yet just hold your money and see "The Return of the King" twice. Revolutions while very good visually, in fact I'd say the best of the three, lacks any kind of real draw! As one critic said:
‘ . . . while "Reloaded" and "Revolutions" might be technically proficient, they are largely devoid of the kind of wonder and storytelling that hooked us the first time. Simply put, the Wachowskis ran out of good ideas, and they isolated themselves so no one could point out their indulgence.”

The Whojahoski brothers (I donĂ‚’t care how they spell it) seriously disappoint us. All three movies lead up to answering the question of fate vs. free will. At the end of a decent fight scene between Hugo Weaving (who was the lone bright spot in the movie) and Neo, Weaving beggs the question why do you continue to fight? He throws out some great answers like Courage, honor, love, etc. etc. And Keanu in all his greatness says: “Because I choose too” .

What?? That’s it? Like hey I felt like having a tuna sandwich today. I’d like to be a dentist instead of an optometrist. What are you talking about? You choose too?!!!!! That’s your reason for saving the world? Wow, that’s Keanu at his best I suppose. There were a lot of other things that were messed up with the movie, but that was the most disappointing line in the whole series.

The other thing that was very disappointing was the fact that they called a truce. What?? Does anyone else see this as a huge problem? I mean how long is it going to take before the humans demand that the machines let their people go? The machines obviously can’t because that would mean they have no power and therefore all die. HELLLOOO! HUGE flaw in the plot there.

Anyway, the special effects were pretty cool and also much more seemless then in Reloaded. But I think the movie as a whole jsut doesn't ring true. The movies overall message just falls flat. I mean hey nothing gets you through the day like well I chose to. That is what gives me meaning, he might as well have said I think therefore I am or some other load of crap like that.

See it if your dying to know what happens other wise borrow your neighbors copy when your bored next summer.

No comments: