Wednesday, November 5

Well ya gotta start somewhere so why not here? I started to change the name, but I think it fits the way life feels right now. I'd like to be creative and thoughtful, but I just feel like I'm in too much of a hurry to really mess with it. When the mood changes so will the name, at least until I find something that fits.

A little info about me. I'm a 27 year old part time seminary student. I work in the Seattle area (in the same office as Coqui), I help resource Youth Ministers and start Campus (Jr. and Sr. High school) Outreach Clubs. I also co-ordinate 3-4 big events a year. I work for and am funded by the Southern Baptist Convention.

I'm proud to be a Baptist, but it's not like I think we invented the Bible or anything. I'm fully aware that we have done some stupid things (see Disney boycott) and are far from perfect, but we do a good job at missions and try our best to live out the teachings of Christ.

I grew up in Springdale, Arkansas (Go Hogs!). Graduated from Ouachita (pronounced wash-it-aw) Baptist University in 1999 and spent a couple of years in Dallas, TX. Before god Delivered me to beautiful Seattle, WA. I absolutely love it in Washington. I miss my family, but that's about it. It's a great place to do ministry, with a lot of needs.

Anyway, Seminary is kicking my butt right now. As in I have about 4 assignments that are overdue, sooooo I gotta get to work.

Oh yeah I miss Texas High School Football too. Just not the same here in Washington. (did I mention I'm a big sports fan? More on that later.)

gotta run



No comments: