Thursday, November 6

"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."
Eph 6:19-20 (NIV)

As I'm studying for a sermon I have to preach for my preaching class. (preaching to your peers by the way is one of the most nerve racking things you can do). I ran across this passage and just really like it a lot. The word "fearlessly" hit a cord with me this morning. It sounds so reckless, and uninhibited. Love that passage, probably gonna memorize it, and stick it somewhere or something.

Also I'm reading the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren. It's a great book. Very simple in it's concepts, but also very profound in drawing your attention back to the purpose of life. I'm only on the 4th day (our church started it a bit late), but I highly recommend the book.


2 Quotes for the day -

"It ought to be the business of everyday to prepare for our final day" - Matthew Henry (via The Purpose Driven Life)
Today talked about living life with eternity in mind. This pretty much summed up the whole chapter.

"Guys don't want to know what's on TV, guys want to know what else is on TV." - Jerry Sienfeld

No comments: